Guess what?! My blog is one year old! I started exactly one year ago. To celebrate I’m doing my first giveaway. I’m making and sending one lucky person my “you are my greatest adventure” watercolor world printable. I’ll even put it in a nice frame for you.
To enter the giveaway, you need to head over to my instagram page, like my photo, and comment and you’ll be entered into the giveaway to win my printable. Here is my instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/kelsi_lynn_merrill/
by the way, my shirt is from Piper and Scoot- Check it out here: Piper & Scoot
Blogging has been such a rewarding thing. I’m so glad I started this venture a year ago and I hope to continue to grow and expand. Thank you for those who consistently read my posts and follow my adventures. Without you, I wouldn’t be blogging. So thank you!
Guess what? MY BLOG IS 1 YEAR OLD! Happy anniversary Pink Lemonade! To celebrate, I’m sharing my favorite recipe of all time. BBQ Teriyaki Flank Steak. YUMMMMM. Seriously, the best. And it’s easy!
1 1/2 lbs flank steak cut diagonally (I totally just thought of Harry Potter when I wrote that)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
optional: 1 Tbsp green onion
- combine all ingredients into a sauce
- pour over steak in a Tupperware container.
- Seal and marinade overnight.
- Next day, grill it up!
- Serve with rice and light Asian salad. NOW DEVOUR.
I made this today and it was the perfect comfort food without being super heavy. That is hard to come by. Pair this soup with some Pillsbury flaky biscuits and you’ve got a healthy but filling (and easy) meal!
2-3 chicken breasts
2 cups of your favorite frozen veggie mix (I used corn, carrot, and green beans)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
6 cups chicken stock (if you don’t have any, bouillon works as well)
2-3 cups egg noodles
1 tbsp dried or fresh parsley
- Put thawed chicken breast, frozen veggie mix, salt, pepper, garlic and chicken stock into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Take chicken out and shred.
- Put chicken back in and add the egg noodles.
- Add parsley.
- wait 5-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve immediately with biscuits.
Hey everyone. To be completely honest, the fall was the best time of my life. I was the thinnest I’ve ever been and healthiest I’ve ever been. I was so happy, my depression was way down, and I was loving the freedom of being healthy. However, since then, I have gained 30 pounds. 30 freakin’ pounds. And as you can imagine, my self esteem is way down, my depression is way up, and I’m not as happy as I want to be.
So, I’m bringing healthy back!
These 7 goals are ones I set for myself that are sure fire ways to get me back in shape. I don’t want to overwhelm myself or over-strain myself, so I want to be kind of light on the exercise and heavy on the nutrition. Because no matter how hard I train, I will not be healthy unless I eat right.
Anyway, I’m gonna be posting some healthy recipes and my progress on here and on my instagram.
Just for Fun, I thought I’d share a little more about myself–in case anyone new is reading my blog. I am trying to expand my reach so hopefully this post will be useful at some point! So without further ado, here are 10 things you may not know about me.
1.I just started an Etsy shop for all my nursery prints, called “Nella’s Nursery”. You can see it here.
2. I consider myself to be a crazy dog lady. My cavi, Charlie, is my world. The first time I left him was for a three day trip down to Utah and when I came back, I bawled because I was so happy to see him.
3. 3 years ago, I got breast-reduction surgery. Very few people besides close friends and family know this. I was roughly a size G and went to a size DD. I used to hate my chest so much. I felt like I couldn’t wear anything without looking like a tramp and being modest was almost impossible for me. The surgery was such a blessing and I feel like I can finally share because talking about things like this is becoming more acceptable. I used to be ashamed thinking I had altered my God-given body for selfish reasons. But I have since come to terms with it and no longer feel any shame for what I did. I think everyone should be able to talk about things like this. It’s one step closer to having a society filled with girls confident about their bodies.
4. When I was in high school I was diagnosed with Depression and body dis-morphia. Many people are prone to certain mental illness, and just need a trigger. My Depression was triggered when my boyfriend cheated on me with 3+ girls when I was out of town.
5. 4 years ago, a guy put my in the hospital by showing off and using an illegal jujitsu move on me. My ACL and meniscus was torn. He was kind enough to take care of me while I couldn’t walk for 6 weeks, but the moment I could walk again, he never spoke to me again. I still haven’t spoken to him.
6. I’ve been to England and Ireland. They’re amazing countries and I seriously cannot wait to go back.
7. Currently, I have bursitis and tendonitis in my right shoulder, an injured lower back (the docs still don’t really know what’s wrong with it), and patella-femoral pain syndrome in my left knee. I’m 24.
8. In High School, especially the last two years, choir was my life! Singing is still a huge passion of mine and I hope to someday start a music youtube. I also dabbled in musical theater. I was in three musicals in High School and once played Cosette in our concert version of Les Miserable.
9. I have an unhealthy obsession with Tom Hiddleston. I don’t think Taylor Swift is right for him. 😉
10. I love fitness. I have completed over a year of Kayla Itsines’ BBG program, as well as several beachbody programs including Insanity, Cize, and I am halfway through Piyo.
If you’ve been following my instagram, you’ll notice I’ve been practicing my graphic design chops by making different nursery-styled decor. I think nursery decor is the absolute cutest. It’s such an easy way to add to a room but can make a huge difference. By the way, this isn’t an announcement. This is me just loving nurseries. If you want to take a look at what I’ve done so far, keep scrolling to check them out the printables. I’ve been considering opening an Etsy shop to sell them but I haven’t quite decided if that would be worth it or if I would be successful.
Woodland Cartoon Nursery
(sorry they have a completely white background so you can’t really see the edges. oops.
Well that’s all I have so far, but I love them! Safari may be my favorite 🙂
One of my fitness idols posted something on instagram that I thought was interesting. She said, “Just because you don’t look like someone you think is attractive, doesn’t mean you aren’t attractive. Flowers are pretty, but so are Christmas lights and they look nothing alike.” And while instagram quotes can be a little corny, this one actually struck me. I was thinking about it and I started to truly realize the different kinds of beauty. While someone may be a flower, I may be a Christmas light. I may not have the flower-like body, but I may be a shining light that brings joy in a different way. This is why it is so important not to compare yourself to another person’s beauty, because it would be so silly to compare your bright Christmas light beauty to a beautiful pink flower.
This is all I really wanted to say. A little happy thought to keep you going and keep me going as well. I also wanted to show off my little black dress :). It’s from Piper & Scoot (the cutest store ever), and it feels like I’m wearing a nightgown and I love it. Find it here, they have so many different colors! And it’s only $28 bucks! Such a steal!
I wanted to do a blog post. I told you I was going to get into one of my new dresses and hat and I needed you to take pictures of me. Once I was dressed, we went outside to where the light seemed best, but that was hard. The camera wasn’t capturing the light no matter what we tried. I got frustrated. But you kept taking photos and kept telling me I looked good. I went to look at the pictures you took and got mad, at you for not capturing it right, and at me for looking so “ugly” and “fat.” You got mad when I called myself ugly and we ended by me giving up and saying “that will have to do.”
I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I can’t imagine it’s easy watching your wife cling desperately to any self-esteem she has left in her and not be able to do anything about it. I want this blog to do well, and honestly, I get so vulnerable, thinking about myself and how I may never be a blogger anyone wants to follow because of my size. But this is unfair to you, who have been nothing but supportive when it comes to my hopes and dreams.
Dear Husband, please forgive me. Please forgive me for reaching for perfection, when you’ve seen it in me all along.
Dear readers, please enjoy these photos that caused a few tears.
Here’s the dress! From my favorite: Piper & Scoot. The Derby Dress
When me and Grant got our first apartment, I knew my bathroom was going to be nautical. I love beach stuff. It’s so cute for a bathroom. I loved doing my dream living room plan, so I did the same with a bathroom. Here it is! No matter how big your bathroom is, you can have your dream bathroom.
Yep, it’s short today–but I told myself I had to do more with my blog. It helps me focus on other things– it keeps the depression at bay. It’s also just super fun.
Here are the products and their prices:
Bath mat: Bed Bath & Beyond for $29.99
Candles: Bed Bath & Beyond for $9.99
Rope mirror: Target for $39.99
Shower Curtain: Bed Bath & Beyond for $19.99
Soap Dispenser: Target for $12.34
Waste Basket: Target for $11.79
Thank you all for those who read my blog. I am so grateful for those who support me this way. This could be the best way to support me at this difficult time.
When I was younger, the thought of decorating and designing a home was so lame. Now that I’m living in a small little apartment, waiting for my husband to finish school, I can’t help planning my dream home. Today in church someone said something along the lines of, “women’s ego’s are tied to their house.” That is so true! While my husband may see no point in investing in how our house looks, I thrive on it. I love planning my future home. I have very little money now, so right now planning is the only thing I can do. But if I plan now, I will have a better idea of what I want for the future. So as a fun little blog post, I decided to design my dream living room! I will provide the links as well to show you that you don’t have to destroy your bank account to make your living room cute. Also, right now, as you can probably tell, I’m really into the white and gold accents.
So here it is!
Here are the links to all these wonderful products:
Rug: Wayfair for $59.99
Ram Bookends: Target for $24.99
Throw Blanket: Target for $29.99
Round Mirror: Kirkland’s for $59.99
Accent Chair: Wayfair for $751.30
Gold Wire Basket: H&M (no longer selling it, but similar found for $19.99)
Marble Coffee Table: Kathy Kuo Home for $1,213
Wire Accent Piece: Target for $14.99
Love me some decor!