I have tried tons of Fettuccine Alfredo recipes, including ones full of cream and cheese and gooey unhealthiness. And though they were delicious, after even a small portion, I felt totally sick. Bloated and heavy. So I went on the search for a lighter recipe that was still creamy and delicious. And I found one from my favorite food blogger, Gimme Some Oven! (Follow the link to see her original recipe).
This lighter Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is the perfect option when you want to eat a little healthier but aren’t quite ready to give up the carbs. Also, you should always be eating carbs. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are not your friend.
This recipe proves that you can eat lighter without sacrificing flavor. This creamy pasta is perfect for those cold fall nights.
Here’s how it’s done.
12 oz Fettuccine
1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp kosher salt
(Optional) parsley and/or extra Parmesan for topping
1. Cook the pasta al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil or butter on medium-high heat. When hot or melted, add the garlic and cook (stirring occasionally) until fragrant. Add the flour and mix until all the flour is completely absorbed.
3. Add the chicken stock. Whisk briskly until the mixture is no longer lumpy. Once the sauce is smooth, slowly add in the milk and whisk to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer to thicken.
4. Add the Parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir until thick and the cheese is melted. Put on medium-low until pasta is cooked.
5. Once pasta is done, drain and return to pan. Add the sauce to the pasta and stir until pasta is well covered.
6. Serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley or extra cheese.
Well there you go! I promise your taste buds will thank you! What other kind of recipes would you like to see more of on the blog? Comment below!
Also, I won’t be posting until after Thanksgiving, so…. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Where stretchy pants.